Quality Edmonton Signs Since 1947
Established in 1947, Blanchett Neon Ltd. is a full-service signage company specializing in illuminated business signage. We work with organizations of all sizes and provide turn-key solutions including creative, award-winning designs, quality manufacturing, safe and efficient installations and industry-leading customer service from start to finish to ensure complete customer satisfaction in process of purchasing custom signage displays.
Blanchett Neon Staff Photo- Circa Late 1940’s
Founded in 1947 by our founder George Blanchett when he began working for his father’s company “Blanchett Decorators”, and formed “Blanchett Decorators: Neon & Sign Division”. The rest (as they say,) is history! His brother, Ted, went on to operate Blanchett Decorators, and our president Daryl Blanchett is now third generation Blanchett at the helm, and continues the legacy George began back in 1947.
Family aspect of the “Family Business” remains an extremely important factor in our continued success and we are proud that many of our staff remain with us for their entire careers:
- One staff member recently celebrated over 40 years with Blanchett.
- We have numerous 25+ employees whose knowledge and experience are unmatched in the Industry.
Learn more about our Company History.
Safe Work Practices
Our commitment to safety is rooted in our dedication to our staff; when your employees are family, they deserve the right to work in a safe work environment.
- We have maintained a current, audited COR (Certificate of Recognition) status since 2008, and have implemented an industry-leading safety program.
- Training courses are continually offered to teach workplace and home life safety practices.
Learn more about our other certifications, qualifications and affiliations.
Quality Signage Displays
Wiring of JACOBS Engineering Skyline Signage Letters
You have probably heard the saying, “you can either be cheap, fast or good. Pick two.” We choose quality, and that starts with choosing partners and suppliers that align with those principles:
- Partnering with Industry Leaders that stand behind their product and have proven product success.
- Our signage displays are designed and built to last the full-life of your business (and then some!)
Rarely will our Edmonton signs be the cheapest, but we can guarantee that our displays will last for the life of your business, and will look and function as great as the day they were installed.
Learn more about our quality manufacturing procedures.
Many other sign shops often have “jack-of-all-trades” employees that will see every aspect of signage production through from start-finish. We on the other hand, employ specialized tradesmen (and women!) in-house that are trained and highly experienced in their respective departments:
Complete Sign Design proposal created for Century Casino
Our Design Team consists of award winning graphic designers that have been professionally trained in the Adobe Suite, Corel Suite, Maxwell Render and Google Sketchup. Signage design is a bit different from traditional graphic design, as you are limited by the products and sizing available. This is where our years of experience really help our team stand out from the competition. We are knowledgeable regarding which products work best in our harsh Western Canadian climate, but that will also translate into a creative design concept that attracts attention to your business.
- Knowledgeable as to what products work best for signage design applications.
- Capable of working from standard, supplied architect renderings or creating complete signage design proposals from scratch.
Each aspect of our manufacturing process is completed by highly trained, professional trades in our 28,000 square feet of manufacturing space at our Edmonton signs shop.
- Complete one (1) year parts & labour warranty is offered on all new signage displays, and
- Quality assurance checks are completed after every stage of manufacturing.
- Only CSA & PSQ approved materials are used in the manufacturing process.
Installation & Service
Rexall Place Signage Installation
An easy way to bring down the price on signage is to employ untrained, unqualified, entry-level installers to mount your signage displays; but that’s just not how we operate. All crews installing and servicing signage displays are trained and certified technicians that will complete your Edmonton Signs installation correctly, safely and efficiently the first time.
- Service & Maintenance packages are available for worry-free signage.
- Contact Us for yearly signage cleaning, LED retrofitting, or diagnosis of Digital Signage problems.
- Digital Signage Experts– all crews have been Factory Trained to install and service Daktronics LED Signs.
We want to be YOUR Edmonton Signs provider for life, so Contact Us for even more information on illuminated signage displays by Alberta’s top signage company or request a quote online: